DATE: October 27, 2021
TIME: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
What's the Chamber's 21 in 21 series?
The Lancaster Chamber's 21 in 21 series provides a platform for business professionals to share ideas on a topic relevant and vital to the business community. Attendees learn best practices, strategies, and recommendations from 21 peers. After a rapid 21-minute exchange of ideas, speakers, and listeners alike transition to breakout sessions for further discussions.
What's this session about?
Due to the unprecedented challenges of the pandemic, millions of employees were forced to leave the workforce to focus on childcare, remote learning, and caregiving for ailing family members or aging parents. The tight labor market lingering after the height of the pandemic is driving many employers to evaluate their workplace culture and policies, aiming to create or refine an atmosphere at their company that will attract and retain candidates. Developing strategies many of the demands on families only exacerbated by the pandemic serves as a crucial method for talent acquisition and retention.
21 in 21: Cultivating a Family-Friendly Workplace will focus on the policies and practices businesses and organizations are implementing to develop a family-friendly workplace for employees.
Each person who chooses to speak will share a best practice or idea for one minute. Interested in sharing an idea? Contact us to sign up!
- Diversity of family structure
- Benefits and paid leave, including sick leave, bereavement leave, and family leave for births, foster care placements, and adoptions
- Childcare referrals, partnerships, and subsidies
- Accommodations for pregnant or nursing employees
- Flexible hours for caregivers
- Learn proactive strategies organizations are implementing to cultivate a family-friendly workplace
- Hear lessons learned and challenges others are facing in implementing family-friendly policies and practices
- Discuss ways in which to develop workplaces with industry professionals