Chamber YPN… What it's all about?
The Young Professional Network (YPN) provides Lancaster Chamber member young professionals (YPs) (suggested age 40 years and under) with a setting to build relationships and develop professionally. The program also helps to cultivate these future leaders and provide them with opportunities for making connections and developing their careers so that they can help shape the future of Lancaster County.
If you or your employees are interested in being a part of the Young Professional Network, please complete the signup form or contact Beth Gerber Miller at 717.397.3531.
There is no fee to join YPN - it is an added bonus of membership with The Lancaster Chamber. If your business or organization is a member of The Chamber, you are too!
- Connect with like-minded professionals and other under 40's.
- Enhance your professional development at various young professional-focused events and programs.
- Mix and mingle with seasoned business professionals who've been there and can share their take on valuable lessons learned.
- Be social through the YPN Blog and YPN Linkedin subgroup
- Get discounted rates on designated Chamber programs and events, such as the 2013 Membership Picnic
- Subscribe to FlashDrive, a monthly young professional-focused enewsletter that offers tips and resources to help you succeed.
- Receive assistance with speaker requests, book and resource recommendations to advance as a talented, creative and respected leader.
Here's how you can get involved and start making connections!
- Mark your calendar for the Membership Picnic on 6.27.13 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Landis Valley Museum. During the event, you'll have a chance to build connections with an anticipated 800 business professionals while enjoying a hearty bbq dinner, refreshments, frozen treats, fun activities and more. Discounts are available for YPN participants, click here for more info. To receive the discount, contact Michelle Landis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark 7.18.13 on your calendar for YPN Morning Buzz. This event is a chance for YPs to mix and mingle with one another while enjoying a continental breakfast. The event is from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at Northwestern Mutual. For more info or to register, Click Here.
News, Information & Resources
Check out how you can enhance your knowledge through blogs, articles and more without leaving the office.These recommendations will give you the insight needed to advance as a talented, creative and respected leader.
Each month you'll get a chance to meet a fellow YP through our YPN Spotlight. To check out recently featured YPs, Click Here. This month get to know Eileen Culp of On-Line Publishers, Inc.
||Name: Brett Calabretta
Title: Vice President, Preconstruction
Company: Warfel Construction
Job Responsibilities: : I'm responsible for company-wide oversight of our Preconstruction Department and our preconstruction services, ensuring optimal building solutions for our clients. My primary emphasis encompasses the analysis of budget, schedule, building methods, materials, and project delivery options during design and development of our projects. I also oversee our BIM (Building Information Modeling) functions and the transition of our projects from the preconstruction phase to construction.
Favorite Resources: My colleagues! They are what define us and the culture at Warfel. There is always someone to bounce ideas off of or that can provide valuable insight. I also like to keep a pulse on the industry through Engineering News Record and by attending seminars.
- AS A YOUNG PROFESSIONAL, WHAT HAS BEEN THE MOST VALUABLE PART OF GETTING INVOLVED WITH THE LANCASTER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
I have enjoyed learning more about our community, our leaders, our needs, and the resources available. Being able to develop relationships with other young professionals has been rewarding as well. Prior to getting involved with the Chamber, most of my interaction was with other professionals in my industry. I have enjoyed getting the many perspectives of other leaders in our local industries.
- WHAT MOTIVATES YOU IN YOUR CAREER?
The sense of achievement has been especially rewarding in Construction Management. Being able to drive my family by a local project and tell them I was part of it is pretty cool. We are helping others bring their ideas, designs, and dreams to fruition. Nothing beats the feeling you get from a satisfied client. It's something I strive for every day.
- WHAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR CLIENTS TO KNOW?
I believe it's all about relationships, how you treat people, and being fair and conducting business with professionalism and integrity. Through teamwork and collaboration, we have developed and strengthened our many client relationships over the years. We are able to do this because of our outstanding employees and their tireless effort to meet the needs of our clients. At Warfel, we live by our mission of Clients for Life!
Meet our sponsors:
Gold Sponsor -
"ModernEYES Optical is locally owned and operated at Park City Center for 6 years. They carry a refreshingly unique selection of frames, all for only $99.99, and offer every lens and coating available! They are dedicated to giving back to the community and have donated over $20,000 in the past year from hosting eyewear events for local non-profits!"
Silver Sponsors -
Bronze Sponsors -
Headrush Hair Designs
Members 1st Federal Credit Union
Trout Ebersole & Groff, LLP
Union Community Bank